view mode

Bogus Zaba b.zaba at britishlibrary.net
Mon Nov 13 20:26:39 GMT 2006

Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> On 12.11.2006 10:57, Francesco Pietra wrote:
>
>> How to set in kde the view mode default to "tree view", avoiding each time
>> to change from installation-default (annoying) "icon view". Thank you for
>> answering.
>> francesco pietra
>>

> Set it the way you want it to look, then select Settings -> Save View
> Profile...

I have found that this advice works OK for my main Konq window, but when
Konq opens a second window (eg when I connect in a removable media
device), that second window does not care about my saved profile, but
reverts to icon view. Even when I tell it to use text view (my favoured
option) it will often revert to icons simply when I go up and down the tree.

Bogus