kweather issues

frmrick at aapt.net.au frmrick at aapt.net.au
Mon Nov 13 02:33:04 GMT 2006

Quoting ben miller <wheelscribe at gmail.com>:

> On Sunday 12 November 2006 2:19 pm, kitts wrote:
> > On Monday 13 November 2006 01:31 IST, ben miller wrote:
> > > Thanks for the idea, Rick. I replaced my KWeatherServicerc file with
> > > yours and there's no change. Even more interesting is that I have weather
> > > information showing on my Kontact summary page and it still shows my old
> > > weatherstation definition and also the weather.
> >
> > KWeather is possibly using the already read file. Quit Kontact, then ensure
> > that no instances of kweather/kweatherservice are running. Then restart
> > kontact. The list should be refreshed.
>
> That's what I would have thought, as well. But, to no avail. The weather
> summary stays the same. For the record, I'm running KDE 3.5.2 on top of
> Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).

I had a similar problem after upgrading and reinstalling slack-10.2 with
kde-3.5.4 but using the previous user account and of course the existing .kde
settings. I fiddled around and made up a new rc. file from scratch but never
could figure out why it finally started using the stations in my rc file.

I'm now using slack-11 with kde-3.5.5 and it started right off with existing rc
file. Never did figure our what the problem was. Maybe the rc info is written
somewhere else temporarily and it need to be refreshed our of existence :^?