Custom responses to HAL events

Paul Worrall lists at basilisk.ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 12 18:24:12 GMT 2006

When I plug in a USB memory stick, or insert a CD, the appropriate icon
automatically appears on my desktop.  It would be nice if a similar thing
happened when I plug in my PDA, but PDAs are not on the standard list of
device types to display (under Configure Desktop -> Behaviour -> Device
Icons).  I can probably identify the hal event corresponding to plugging-in
the PDA but I can't see a way to make KDE respond to custom events like this.
The icon would allow me to browse the PDA using the fish protocol (I have
a .desktop file I prepared earlier that does this)

--
Paul