KMail + Gnubiff

T E Schmitz mailreg at numerixtechnology.de
Fri Nov 3 14:11:12 GMT 2006

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:02, T E Schmitz wrote:
>
>>like to switch to KMail but noticed that KMail does not handle deletions
>>in the same way:
>>
>>Gnubiff lives on the Gnome panel. It is set to watche my IMAP mailbox
>>and displays new emails in a pop-up. When a message is deleted in
>>Thunderbird, it will not be listed by Gnubiff next time it refreshes.
>>

> I think the mails are get marked as "unread" when the folder is compacted.
> Unfortunately only "compat all folders" is exported in KMail's DCOP interface,
> so depending how long this usually takes, you could have a script/cron job
> call this method regularily.
>
> $ dcop kmail KMailIface compactAllFolders

It would appear that when deleting  both KMail and Thunderbird copy the
  message to a Trash folder and mark the original message as deleted
(T). Thunderbird not only marks the original message as deleted (T) but
also as read (S).

Gnubiff + KMail Notifier count unread message marked for deletion.

If compacting the inbox in KMail or Thunderbird, the messages marked for
deletion will be purged and thus no longer be counted.

dcop kmail KMailIface compactAllFolders
does not purge my IMAP inbox.

--

Regards,