Konqueror and Web-archive

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Mar 31 23:44:54 BST 2006

Mark A. Strivens wrote:
> I am working with Java web-archive files (.war) and would like to be able to
> view their contents in konqueror.
>
> I can double click on JAR files and view the contents correctly using the
> embedded ark plugin.
>
> The mime-types seem to correctly associate WAR (application/x-webarchive)
> with ark, but if you try to view them ark then asks what format the archive is
> in and won't open the file under any of the archive types its lists.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior? It seems like it should work but perhaps
> there is something wrong with mime-type setup.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice

What I do is to click (or double click if you haven't changed to UNIX
mouse behavior yet) and then after the WAR opens, click the "Up" arrow
on the Konqueror ToolBar, and it should display the contents of the WAR
in the Konqueror KFM window.

And if you want to return to the Web Page, just double click the
"index.html" file.

--
JRT