Tool for warning user that partition is almost full?

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 30 10:41:57 BST 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 16:48 IST, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Is there a KDE tool that monitors disk space and that warns the user if a
> partition reaches a certain fill state?

I have not tried this myself but i think one can use KDE System Guard for
this.

I have created a new worksheet where i place all disk realted information.
i.e. Fill (%), used (blocks) and free (blocks) for each partition that i
want to look at. Then one can setup an alarm on the fill (%) for each
partition by setting the maximum upper level.

Update: I just found that there is no audio/popup based alarm option through
KSysGuard. At most it can color the entry text. I suppose it would be a
good idea to add such a notification scheme to KSysGuard? What say?
--
Cheers!
kitts