Konqueror and Web-archive

Mark A. Strivens strivens at bcm.edu
Thu Mar 30 19:07:58 BST 2006

I am working with Java web-archive files (.war) and would like to be able to
view their contents in konqueror.

I can double click on JAR files and view the contents correctly using the
embedded ark plugin.

The mime-types seem to correctly associate WAR (application/x-webarchive)
with ark, but if you try to view them ark then asks what format the archive is
in and won't open the file under any of the archive types its lists.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It seems like it should work but perhaps
there is something wrong with mime-type setup.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Mark