Sound Cards

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 18:26:54 BST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 08:25, John wrote:
>Hi
>I suppose that this is ot but the alsa mailing list seems to be dead
> so maybe some one can help.

Then you may not be subscribed. I got the last message from that list at
3pm my time (GMT+5) yesterday.  In fairness, linux-audio-user is much
busier. I sort both to the same folder.

>I'm looking for a sound card with midi support. I also want full 192K
> sampling for all modes both in and out. This is generally rather
> expensive with one exception as far as I am aware - the esi juli@
> card. Google searches show plenty of linux updates for this specific
> card but give no idea of the current status. Lot's of moans about it
> not being supported too.

This question should get you knowledgable replies on LAU.

>Will this card function in any useful way with my current
> installation? If it will play music and notification sounds etc I can
> always use it's full potential under windoze until the driver is
> fully developed.
>
>According to /usr/src my kernel version is 2.6.13-15.8. I still
> haven't figured out how to get at the kernel version from konsole and
> there isn't any src. there to check.

uname -r should disgorge the one you are actually running.  And 2.6.13
anything is getting fairly long in the tooth.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: