Sound Cards

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 14:25:26 BST 2006

Hi
I suppose that this is ot but the alsa mailing list seems to be dead so maybe
some one can help.

I'm looking for a sound card with midi support. I also want full 192K sampling
for all modes both in and out. This is generally rather expensive with one
exception as far as I am aware - the esi juli@ card. Google searches show
plenty of linux updates for this specific card but give no idea of the
current status. Lot's of moans about it not being supported too.

Will this card function in any useful way with my current installation? If it
will play music and notification sounds etc I can always use it's full
potential under windoze until the driver is fully developed.

According to /usr/src my kernel version is 2.6.13-15.8. I still haven't
figured out how to get at the kernel version from konsole and there isn't any
src. there to check.

Regards
John
--