KDE Basics

Chris Humphries chris at unixfu.net
Mon Mar 27 16:38:32 BST 2006

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:18:29AM -0800, Asbenson, Lyndell L wrote:
|
| To: kde at mail.kde.org
| From: "Asbenson, Lyndell L" <lyndell.l.asbenson at intel.com>
| Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:18:29 -0800
| Subject: [kde] KDE Basics
|

| What book are recomenedd for:
| 1.	KDE Basics going from fewm to KDE and changing the windows
| activation when the mouse pointer in put into the window..?

That can be found out from just poking around the control center.

| 2.	Developing Application in a scripting language for KDE

There is only really one option, and that is PyQT/KDE.
There is a book online and tutorials etc. Superkaramba is Python/KDE
and "themes" for it a very easy to write (one example of popular
application written in scripting language with KDE bindings).

There are definitely other languages that support KDE bindings and
I may be wrong, but I believe their quality is behind that of Python/KDE
and Python/QT.

Enjoy!