Tool for warning user that partition is almost full?

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Thu Mar 23 12:40:39 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. März 2006 12:18 schrieb Felix E. Klee:
> Is there a KDE tool that monitors disk space and that warns the user if a
> partition reaches a certain fill state?

I just found "diskfree":

  http://www.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~vincent/diskfree/

However, it requires KDE 3.4 and the machine where the tool is needed runs KDE
3.3.  Nevertheless I tried installing it on a KDE 3.3 system: The
installation process went smoothly.  However, when I start the applet, then I
get the following error message:

  Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
  klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'devices'.
  .

Any idea whether this is really due to the lack of version 3.4, or whether the
reason for the error message may be something else?

--
Dipl.-Phys. Felix E. Klee
Email: fk at linuxburg.de (work), felix.klee at inka.de (home)