kweather

Bill Wells hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 20 03:31:08 GMT 2006

I recently had to reinstall KDE on my Slackware 10-2 box because of some
serious problems I had generated.  I saved the .kde directory from my home
directory to preserve e-mail and bookmarks only.  I used the Slackware
pkgtool utility to remove kde.  I rebooted to hopefully lose any artifacts.
Then after rebooting, installed kde from the Slackware distribution using
pkgtool.

When I installed the kweather applet, the option to enter locations by icao
codes was not present.  I know it was there and I had used it in the previous
incarnation of kde from the same source.

I am sure it is something minor that I am missing but after 3 weeks of poking,
prodding, googling querying friends and relatives, I have not discovered the
solution to my dilemma.

Bill Wells

Slackware 10-2
KDE 3.4.2 (from distro iso)