kmail address book

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Sun Mar 19 06:36:57 GMT 2006

Hello KDE people,

Upgraded KDE to 3.5.1.  Since then I have lost functionality in the Kmail
address book.  I had it set up originally as "resource" containing several
hundred e-mail addresses. It was further broken down into "family",
"friends", "mailing lists" etc.

When I try to send a new mail (by clicking on the "Select" bar for the "To"
address I cannot access the lists except for the category of "Mailing Lists".
Very annoying because I have to go find the address and type it in by hand.

The regular address book has all of my e-mails including the sub-categories
mentioned previously. Don't really understand the relationship between the
"regular" addressbook and what Kmail displays for sending messages.

I have 8 separate "vcf" cards in kabc and they all appear to be exactly the
same. The order of names is incorrect, some are old unused and deleted
addresses, and not all of my collection of addresses are displayed in them.

Hope someone can help me sort this out.

Bob S.