fixed-width font

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:30:00 GMT 2006

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Denis Kostousov wrote:
>>How does KDE qualify that a font is fixed or not?

> It gets the information from Qt which reads the font file.
> For example from an AFM file:
> 	IsFixedPitch true

Interesting, I've confirmed (afterall) that Luxi Mono isn't displayed
for me either as Fixed-width, despite

Luxi Mono's .pfa file contains:
=========================
%!PS-AdobeFont-1.0: LuxiMono 1.2
%%CreationDate: Mon Nov 12 2001
% Copyright Copyright (c) 2001 by Bigelow & Holmes Inc. Instructions
copyright (c) 2001 by URW++.
% Copyright (c) 2001 by Bigelow & Holmes Inc. Instructions copyright (c)
2001 by URW++.
12 dict begin
/FontInfo 10 dict dup begin
/version (1.2) readonly def
/Notice (Copyright (c) 2001 by Bigelow & Holmes Inc. Instructions
copyright (c) 2001 by URW++.) readonly def
/Copyright (Copyright Copyright (c) 2001 by Bigelow & Holmes Inc.
Instructions copyright (c) 2001 by URW++.) readonly def
/FullName (Luxi Mono Regular) readonly def
/FamilyName (Luxi Mono) readonly def
/Weight (Regular) readonly def
/ItalicAngle 0.0 def
/isFixedPitch true def
=========================

and it's .afm file contains:
=========================
StartFontMetrics 3.0
Comment Copyright Copyright (c) 2001 by Bigelow & Holmes Inc.
Instructions copyright (c) 2001 by URW++.
Comment Creation Date: 11/12/2001
FontName LuxiMono
FullName Luxi Mono Regular
FamilyName Luxi Mono