How to set up my kbd to be able to use French accents when replying to email in Kmail

Rex Teague elists234 at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Jun 19 02:13:05 BST 2006

The "Character Selector" panel applet is serving my limited need for
non-keyboard characters very well.

To install right click on the Panel>Add to Panel>Applet>Character
Selector. Once installed, it is configured with the characters of
your choice, which can be selected via "KCharSelect" via the "K
Menu".

At least that is my experience with Simply Mepis 3.4-3 but I note
Kubuntu 5.10 doesn't have the option in its standard installation.

Cheers... Rex

[..]