How to set up my kbd to be able to use French accents when replying to email in Kmail

Bo Ørsted Andresen bo.andresen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 22:50:35 BST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 19:20, nigel henry wrote:
> Hi Henri. I'm sure the French keyboard works fine. Both my keyboards are UK
> ones, and are "qwerty" ones, whereas the French keyboard is "azerty". I am
> used to typing on the "qwerty" ones, and the Canadian one was a compromise.
>
> It is a "qwerty" keyboard, but has also the French accented keys on it. The
> only keys I can't find on it are the "pipe" "|" , the "<" , and the ">"
> commands. I've had to swap back to the US keyboard to add those to this
> post.

As suggested by Philip Rodrigues you might want to have a look at the US
internation keyboard layout (us_intl) [1]. Also with KDE it is possible to
assign a keyboard shortcut to switch to the next keyboard on the list of
active layouts that can be specified under Keyboard Layout in the KDE control
center. That would make it very easy to make the switch whenever you need to.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US-International

--
Bo Andresen