Permissions / Re: kde Digest, Vol 39, Issue 14

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Wed Jun 14 20:30:04 BST 2006

Lorenzo,

In konqueror, right click on any file or directory. Go to the bottom of the
selection list to "Properties" and you will be able to change ownership and
permissions of anything that you have permission to. If you're logged in as
root that will be everything/one that can be changed.

In Properties -> Ownership go to "Advanced Permissions" and it may be a bit
clearer what your doing.

Outside of KDE or in konsole use the commands "chmod" and "chown" to change
permissions and ownership respectively I use these just as much as via
konqueror. Type "man chown" and "man chmod" in konsole to get the manual
pages. For a newbie man pages might be a bit challenging but once you get
used to them they are a handy reference....and there is also google

BTW, Digests may be a handy/cpncise way to receive posts from a forum but
replying to something in that digest has sent the the complete digest back to
the list. Luckily there was only one thread on the list but if there had been
10 threads with, say, 5 posts each you would have rereplied back with your
question plus 50 other posts in 10 threads. There must be a better way to
reply to one post/thread.

Lorenzo La Spada is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Sweetmorn, the 20th of Confusion, 3172
http://www.turtlespond.net/