No sound at all with kde

Lorenzo La Spada l.laspada at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 13 14:47:42 BST 2006

Hi,

I installed kde some weeks ago, all is working fine now except the
sound. I have no sound at all and yes Arts is installed (but maybe
not well configured?).

When trying to activate the sound system in kcontrol>sound system, I
have this message:

Error while initializing the sound driver
Couldn't connect to server
The sound server will continue, using the null output device

I'm not sure to understand what it means. I have no idea what I
should do I didn't find any helpful hint in the kde home page.

Do someone know how to enable sound?
Please help me to configure kde to have sound.

My configuration: