Opening tar.gz files with tar ioslave

Ainsley Pereira kde at pebble.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 14:30:34 BST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 08:16:51AM -0400, Justin Denick wrote:
>    It's is a KDE IO slave. Try configiring the file type in konq settings ->
>    file associations -> applicastion -> x-tgz -> embedding
>
>    Mine says in the Services section< Archiever ark_part > Maybe this is how
>    the KIO Slaves are enabled.

Thanks for your response, but I believe the ark_part is what you get
when you "preview in archiver" (ie the content of the archiver window,
but in the konqueror tab), which is not what I was looking for. Also,
the Archiver (ark_part) option isn't there under kubuntu, though the
libarkpart.so file does exist - this also confuses me:/

~Ainsley