Konqeruor with emacs bindings

reader at newsguy.com reader at newsguy.com
Mon Jun 5 13:31:32 BST 2006

Running Gentoo linux with kde-3.5 installed

On a recent new install of gentoo and kde I find that Konqueror no
longer behaves the same way concerning the location box.  I mean the
box containing ones current web address being visited.

I used to use emacs type key bindes in that box:

  C-a goto to start of line
  C-k delete line.

The C-k part no longer works.  C-a still moves cursor to beginning of
line but it also highlights the address.  I don't think it did in

C-k apparently does nothing at all.

I don't see where to set this kind of thing in konqueror settings.