various problems with kwifimanager in 3.5.2

Iván Forcada Atienza ivan at swscanner.org
Fri Jul 28 17:33:01 BST 2006

Hi.

[mié, 03 may 2006 14:28:13 -0600] - Brian Carey:
> Hello,
>
> I am struggling to make kwifimanager behave in a useful manner. I cannot
> seem to get it to scan properly or switch networks. I am running it with
> kdesu.
>
> System: Slackware 10.2, 2.6.13 kernel, kde 3.5.2 (Slackware package from
> kde.org website)
>
> My network card works fine, and I have no problem scanning and getting
> on and off of networks with iwconfig, iwlist, etc.
>
> Scan for Networks does not seem to actually scan anything. The results
> box lists the currently connected network and the name of the first
> network from the most recent iwlist done in a console. The other columns
> are blank, and the "Switch to Network" button is greyed.
>
> Anyone have any ideas of how I can proceed?

I haven't seriously used kwifimanager becouse I don't like it very much
:-(.
If you need a stumbler and profile-manager application, you can try
SWScanner (http://www.swscanner.org). It's a wardriving application but
it can also save network settings profiles for each wireless network
found.

And... bad news... thers not Slackware package yet :-(.

Hope it helps :-)

> Thanks,
> Brian

Iván Forcada Atienza:
  correo: ivan at forcada.info
  jabber: ivanfor at jabber.guadawireless.org
Nodo guada21 en GuadaWireless usando Debian GNU/Linux:
  http://el21.guadawireless.net
"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free" (Linus Torvalds)