Alt+Tab: Left-Alt and Right-Alt are different?

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 28 03:56:12 BST 2006

Hi KDEers,

1) When I press RightAlt + Tab, I switch between two windows.
That is:
Press RightAlt + Tab, window A is raised;
Press it once again, window B is raised;
Press it once again, window A is raised;
and so on.  This repeats.

2) On the other hand, when I press LeftAlt + Tab,
a pop-up appears at the center of the screen
and I walk through all the windows.

Now, could somebody tell me how I can re-assign these
functions to different keys?  Specifically, I'd like
to assign function (2) to RightAlt + Tab.  (You know,
it's hard to press RightAlt + Tab without completely
removing your left hand from its home position.)

I looked at Control Center > Keyboard Shortcuts and found
"Walk Through Windows", which I suppose corresponds
to function (2).  But, the key assigned to it is simply "Alt+Tab".
I tried changing its assignment actually pressing RightAlt + Tab,
but still function (2) was invoked only by LeftAlt + Tab
and the behavior of RightAlt + Tab didn't change.

Regards,
Ryo