toggle mouse buttons by script

Patrick Nagel mail at patrick-nagel.net
Sat Jul 15 14:04:59 BST 2006

Hi,

toggle-hand.sh could look like this:

-----
#!/bin/bash

grep -q "MouseButtonMapping=RightHanded" .kde/share/config/kcminputrc &&
RIGHT=1

if (( $RIGHT )); then {
        sed -i .kde/share/config/kcminputrc \
            -e 's/MouseButtonMapping=RightHanded/MouseButtonMapping=LeftHanded/'
}
else {
        sed -i .kde/share/config/kcminputrc \
            -e 's/MouseButtonMapping=LeftHanded/MouseButtonMapping=RightHanded/'
}
fi
-----

Cheers, Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4