kmail stops checking mail

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:58:21 BST 2006

How often have you configured it to check for new mail. You can set the
interval by going to: Tools > Configure Kmail > Accounts > Receiving >
Modify > General

On 7/12/06, RockerZ71 <rockerz71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently started using kontact/kmail,  and the only thing I'm not happy
> with
> is that after a while it just stops receiving any new messages on any of
> my
> accounts.  The only way I have found to fix it is to kill all kde-related
> processes (I'm not using KDE).  Restarting kontact has no effect.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?
>

> Thanks

Burn's Hog Weighing Method:
        (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a
sawhorse.
        (2) Put the hog on one end of the plank.
        (3) Pile rocks on the other end until the plank is again perfectly
            balanced.
        (4) Carefully guess the weight of the rocks.
                -- Robert Burns