Printing to pdf

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 17:01:56 BST 2006

Now I know it's something silly some where but what?

If I print to postscript all is ok. If I select mail pdf all is ok apart from
the fact that the file disappears a little while after the mail  comes up. If
I right click the attachment and save it the file does open ok though.

The only thing that doesn't work is print to file (pdf). I get the error
message and the file will not open. It's only 70 bytes long where as the
attachment is 346 kb.

I'm now printing to the desktop so there are no spaces in the tree.

John

On Monday 10 July 2006 21:35, Michael Mauch wrote:
> John wrote:
> > Of late I have had problems printing web pages to a pdf. Has always
> > worked in the past. The file is created but can't be opened. I get the
> > following error message:
> >
> > Abnormal process termination (gs -q -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE
> > -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=$out{/home/john/Desktop/Fish
> > Info/knots1.pdf} -sPAPERSIZE=letter -c .setpdfwrite -f
> > '/tmp/kde-john/kdeprint_ZZ45nPom' ).
>
> Just a guess: does it work if you save the file in (and print from) a
> directory without spaces?
>
>   Michael

Regards
John