recompile konqueror: which packages?

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 13:37:20 BST 2006

The most minimal compilations usually follow:

kde-arts
kde-libs
kde-base

in that order!

Also note the configure options! If all you want is konq, than be precise
with your configure options to provide faster compile times and smaller
binaries.

On 7/9/06, LeVA <leva at az.isten.hu> wrote:

> 2006. jĂșlius 9. 16:25,
> Bram Kuijper <a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl>
> -> kde at mail.kde.org,:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am working on a Freebsd 6.1-stable machine with KDE 3.5.3. Apparently
> > there is something wrong with konqueror, while it says:
> >
> > an error occurred for https:://... it died unexpectedly etc..
> >
> > According to http://www.kde.org, I need to recompile konqueror because
> > something went wrong with my openssl version. I have openssl-0.9.8b_1
> > and upgraded KDE from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 one week ago.
> >
> > Does anybody know which KDE-packages I have to recompile in order to do
> > get konqueror working again? Do I have to recompile all kde-related
> > packages? Or can I just suffice with a few of them. I am quite a newbie
> > with *nix in general, so I apologize.
> >
> I think it is enough to recompile kdelibs and then after kdebase (it
> contains
> konqueror).
>
> Daniel
>
> --
> LeVA

Burn's Hog Weighing Method:
        (1) Get a perfectly symmetrical plank and balance it across a
sawhorse.
        (2) Put the hog on one end of the plank.
        (3) Pile rocks on the other end until the plank is again perfectly
            balanced.
        (4) Carefully guess the weight of the rocks.
                -- Robert Burns