recompile konqueror: which packages?

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Sun Jul 9 15:25:03 BST 2006

Hi all,

I am working on a Freebsd 6.1-stable machine with KDE 3.5.3. Apparently
there is something wrong with konqueror, while it says:

an error occurred for https:://... it died unexpectedly etc..

According to http://www.kde.org, I need to recompile konqueror because
something went wrong with my openssl version. I have openssl-0.9.8b_1
and upgraded KDE from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 one week ago.

Does anybody know which KDE-packages I have to recompile in order to do
get konqueror working again? Do I have to recompile all kde-related
packages? Or can I just suffice with a few of them. I am quite a newbie
with *nix in general, so I apologize.

thanks in advance,
Bram

I have the following KDE-related ports installed:
$ pkg_info | grep kde
kde-xdg-env-1.0_1,1 Script which hooks into startkde and helps KDE pick
up XDG
kdeaccessibility-3.5.3 Accessibility applications for KDE
kdeaddons-konq-plugins-3.5.3 Additonal plugins and features for Konqueror
kdeadmin-3.5.3      KDE applications related to system administration
kdeartwork-3.5.3    Additional themes, sounds, wallpapers and window
styles for
kdeartwork-xscreensaver-kde-3.5.3_1 Support for xscreensaver blankers in KDE
kdebase-3.5.3_4     Basic applications for the KDE system
kdebase-kompmgr-3.5.3 Utility needed to enable XComposite support in KDE
kdeedu-3.5.3        Collection of entertaining, educational programs for KDE
kdegames-3.5.3      Games for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdegraphics-3.5.3   Graphics utilities for the KDE3 integrated X11 desktop
kdegraphics-kamera-3.5.3_1 Digital camera support for KDE
kdegraphics-kooka-3.5.3 Raster image scan program for KDE
kdegraphics-kuickshow-3.5.3 KDE image viewer
kdehier-1.0_9       Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared
KDE direc
kdelibs-3.5.3       Base set of libraries needed by KDE programs
kdemultimedia-3.5.3 Multimedia utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdemultimedia-mpeglib_artsplug-3.5.3 Legacy KDE audio backend
kdemultimedia-xine_artsplugin-3.5.3 Xine-based multimedia backend for KDE
kdenetwork-kopete-0.11 KDE multi-protocol instant messenger (IM)
kdepim-3.5.3        Personal Information Management tools for KDE
kdesdk-3.5.3        KDE Software Development Kit
kdetoys-3.5.3       Small applications for KDE
kdeutils-3.5.3      Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdevelop-3.3.3_1    IDE for a wide variety of programming tasks
kdewebdev-3.5.3,2   Comprehensive html/website development environment