how to scroll wheel events to multimedia keys?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jul 6 01:40:58 BST 2006

Listas de Correo wrote:
> Hi! I have a Genius Ergomedia 700 keyboard that has tons of extra
> keys; I've been able to map all of them except an included scroll
> wheel,  I have the scancodes that generates but I don't know which
> command should I map so it behaves exactly as a mouse scroll wheel.
>
> Anyone knows how to do this?

I don't know 100% how to do this, but do know that these are probably
what you need to use:

	<Btn 4 Down>
	<Btn 4 Up>
	<Btn 5 Down>
	<Btn 5 Up>

I don't know if it is Up or Down or if you need to use both.  If you get
two key codes when you roll the wheel in on direction, you probably need
to use both.

--
JRT