konqueror built-in picture viewer?

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Wed Jul 5 02:20:45 BST 2006

On Sunday 02 July 2006 19:07, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Jonathan Horne wrote:
> > what is the component in konqueror that can use the filebrowsing window
> > to view pictures (this component im looking for has buttons that allow
> > moving back and forth between next/previous pics).
> >
> > the reason im asking is, my suse install seems to have this enabled, and
> > i would like to find and possibly compile or add this option into my
> > freebsd.
>
> The standard image viewer is KView which is in the KDEGraphics package.
>
> You can also install: GwenView which is similar.

i figured out that Gwenview was the one i was looking for, but i am currently
unable to get it to compile from ports into my FreeBSD install.  i tried to
download the package and use that, but it wants KDE 3.5.1 (hehe, if i
downgrade to 3.5.1... at least i would also have working screensavers!)

jonathan