KDE documentation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 19:27:00 GMT 2006

John wrote:

> Hi
> From time to time questions are asked on this mailing list that should be
> covered in documentation. eg Login and logout script file locations, KDE's
> environment variables that can be exported to change it's or one of it's
> component's behaviour, etc.
> I've spent some time looking around on both my machine and the web but
> have failed to find anything.
>
> Can somebody point me in the right direction please.

First points of call are the FAQ and the user guide, both linked on the
front page of docs.kde.org, and which you should be able to find in
khelpcenter. You can find stuff about environment variables, etc, in the
"KDE for Admins" section of the user guide.

If you notice anything that comes up frequently on this list that isn't
covered in the appropriate documentation, please file a bug on
bugs.kde.org, in the product "docs". Even better, write the necessary text,
and send it (in plain text format) to kde-doc-english at kde.org

Regards,
Philip