Konqueror and ELSTER

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Jan 27 20:42:45 GMT 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 20:15, SOTL wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 January 2006 06:15, Joerg Stadermann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > anybody got ELSTER with konqueror working? For those not living in
> > > Germany, ELSTER is a service of german tax administration for
> > > doing your tax online. The problem is that they test for the
> > > presence of the java plugin before you can register with them and
> > > since konqui doesn't use the plugin I can't register. Is there a
> > > way around this problem? I could use firefox but since konqueror
> > > is my prefered browser...
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Jörg
>
> That is exactly the reason that I have 3 browsers install on my Linux box
> and 2 on my MS Windows box.
>
> Sometimes one will work, sometimes two sometimes three and some times all
> five other times you have exactly the inverse in that at times none of them
> work.
>
> On cookies some require cookies to be on to access their web site. some
> will let you on but will not let you see anything but the first page, and
> some will give you full access. Some will expire cookies at the end of a
> session some want them for eternity that is why I require all cookies to be
> accepted. Also, that is why one browser is set to accepts all cookies
> expiring them at the end of the session, one to ask, and one to reject.
>
> I start with Konqueror which is set to reject, next go to Mozelle which is
> set to ask and then go to Opera which is set to accept. I do not like opera
> so I seldom use it but it is there just in case.
>
> Hope this helps as there is NO answer for your dilemma.
>
> SOTL

Hi SOTL. I saw something recently on a posting about Java problems and
Konqueror. The fact that you have Java enabled in Konqueror, does not mean
that websites that need to use Java will work. I cannot find the e-mail on
this problem, but believe you have to Install Java specifically. This post
wasn't long ago. Perhaps, 2,3, or 4 weeks ago. The list isn't high volume, so
hopefully you will find it quite easily in the archives. Nigel.