Konqueror and ELSTER

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 12:00:11 GMT 2006

Hi
I've had a number of problems with Konq and java that have been eventually
greeted with the same deathly silence that you 2 are experiencing. The only
solution I have found is to run another browser. I choose Mozilla for 2
reasons.
1) Firefox popped up a box asking if I would like to do bug reports for them.
This reminded me of windoze - who knows what might have happened if I clicked
ok. My understanding is that firefox has a number of security issues and such
things really aught to be sorted out on their web pages.
2) I eventually had java problems with Firefox. An update exactly as described
on the web site resulted in it hanging on launch.
Mozilla installed cleanly and so far has worked correctly on every site I have
visited. Only problems are that mail to links don't work and I would rather
do page translations with babelfish not google. I haven't really tried to
sort that out yet. It will also be interesting to see if unlike Konq tabbed
pages function in the same manner as the main window.

An interesting feature on any browser would be the facility to link to any
translation service.

Regards
John