Run command in Kicker & simple arithmetic

Janne Ojaniemi janne.ojaniemi at nbl.fi
Tue Jan 3 20:06:33 GMT 2006

I noticed a strange thing in my 3.5-installation. As you propably know, you
can do simple calculations in the run-dialog. And if I hit Alt+F2, and do the
calculations there, it works. But I have the run-dialog as an applet in
Kicker, and it doesn't work there. If I try to do some simple calculations, I
get an error-message saying

"The program name or command 2+2 cannot be found. Please correct the command
or URL and try again"

Any reason why Alt+F2 works, but Kicker-applet does not?