Mount problem

Rick Miles rickfrm at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 1 01:35:00 GMT 2006

I just spent News Year night at a friend's place and he was havung problems
accessing his cdrom drive and dvd drive. I'm home and with the experience
straight in my mind here's what I had to do to get the dvd working for him in
kaffeine as a user

delete the old /dev /dvd
create a new one with ln -s /dev/hdc dev dvd
chmod 777 /dev/hdc re-dedit his /etc/fstab as such:
/dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom       auto        noauto,users,ro  0   0
which is the standard entry I always use in my workstations.

It works now.

Bruno Castro da Silva is a darn nice person I don't care what anybody says!

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Sweetmorn, the 1st of Chaos, 3172
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/