Konq slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 16:25:14 GMT 2006

Hi
I'm still tearing my hair out on ebay page downloads. The last bit to load is
usually the sections below the search in the middle of the page. All linux
browsers I've tried hang waiting for these sections. I've also downloaded and
run knoppix via a cd (2 versions) and it does the same thing. Konq gets it
eventually but firfox often doesn't get it at all. Opera come up with the
error message I reported earlier. Same thing happens on some other sites too.
The main aspect of the problem is that any attempt to use the search or any
of the links during most of the hang results in a "can't find site" error.
Konq hangs up for about 10 or 15 secs.
Run windoze on the same machine and of course the whole thing loads perfectly.

It would help if I new that a few other people do or don't have the same
problem and of course has anyone any thoughts on what may be causing it. I've
effectively tried kde versions 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 and if it's an isp problem
tiscali but then xp is ok.

REgards
John
--