Konq slow on ebay and flash going awol

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 11:56:01 GMT 2006

Hi again.
The flash problem turned out to be a video problem. Flash is fine but Kaffeine
will not play quick time. Starts ok but slowly looses the video and
eventually crashes. The site is:

http://www.reggieband.com/flash_guitar/video/

Still wondering about the long page download on ebay?

Regards
John
PS
If anybody else tries opera install motif or there will be a misleading error
message.

Hi
When I go to ebay (.co.uk) I get a long pregnant pause about when the offers
should appear in the middle of the screen. Konq eventually comes up  with the
offers. I'm taking a look at opera. This does the same thing but eventually
comes up with the following:

Network problem

You tried to access the address
http://uk.ebayobjects.com/1ai/ebay.uk.homepageinactive/inactive;dcopt=ist;sz=275x100;tile=8;ord=1140788262916;,
which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL)
is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
...........blah blah blah

And then under ebay recommends:

http://uk.ebayobjects.com/1ai/ebay.uk.homepageinactive/inactive;tn=2;to=h;tr=2;tw=240;ta=center;szs=100x100,100x100;ord=1140788262916;,
which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL)
is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
...............Blah blah blah.

Impressive - a sort of mini web page appears in the centre of the page with
help and support links too. Not that I'm complaining about konq but have had
problems with this and flash on some sites. Hence opera. Also unlike firefox
and mozilla it has a plug in that allows any mime type to be associated with
any application.

The Konq problem started about the time ebay introduced myebay's for visitors
pages. It also now throws up the state of myebay in a small scrollable area
of the screen if it recognises the user, maybe any user via some odd sort of
cookie. Looks like the above is the cause of the problem. Is something messed
up or is this a bug?  (maybe it's down to the pre release of explorer 7 for
web site testing.) Also any thoughts on flash starting ok but slowly loosing
the image?

Regards
John
--