media:/ copies videos

Patrick Trettenbrein patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 24 11:44:37 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 17:25 schrieb Dexter Filmore:
> Does _not_ happen when going via normal paths, i.e. mount point.
> Oh, forgot: KDE 3.4.3 here. Doesn't seem to happen on 3.5.0 on my test box.
> Got no intention uf upgrading here tho, never touch a running system.

I heavn't checked this now but as far as i know there's the same problem
present when you try to open a video file in Kaffeine from eg. "media:/dvd".
Kaffeine won't play the video till the whole video has been copied to KDE's
tmp directory. That's a little bit annoying. Using "/media/dvd" (it's a SuSE
box) instead works fine.

Patrick
Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010