Downgrading KDE

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:00:55 GMT 2006

All of the important configs are held in ~/.kde
Gentoo makes a dir like ~.kde3.4 and ~.kde3.5, the optionally loaded version
is indicated by the symlink .kde --> to one of the aforementioned config
dirs.

On 2/22/06, Bill Wells <hammer29 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> In my wayback memory, kde 3.1 to 3.2 or maybe even earlier there was an
> article on the web about installing the NEW kde and keeping your old kde
> operational.  that was a couple of machines back. . . and I did not try
> it.
>
> Sorry I cannot be of more help.
>
> Bill
>
> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 04:45 am, John wrote:
> > I have a vague recollection of seeing something about running more than
> one
> > version of kde on the same machine but can't remember where. A search on
> > kde.org or google might bring something up. Or maybe this might jog
> > somebodies memory?
> > Regards
> > John
> >
> > On Wednesday 22 February 2006 12:23, Toni Casueps wrote:
> > > I have found some info about upgrading KDE, for example about the
> > > $KDEHOME variable, but not about downgrading. My problem is that I
> need
> > > to frequently switch between different versions of KDE with the same
> home
> > > directory for both of them.
> > > Was KDE designed for a situation like this? If not, do you know of any
> > > trick that I can use to do this?

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain