a few questions about konqueror ?

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 21:09:28 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 14:00, Mehmet Fatih Akbulut wrote:
> hi all,
> although the Enable Java Globally option is thicked, i still cant see javas
> in Konqueror.
> is there anything else i should do to enable java ? [ a symlink or
> something else ???]
> [java works fine with firefox or mozilla and moreover the scan for new
> plugins at KDE startup option is also enabled.]
> secondly, i dont want konqueror to store data i entered in forms. how can i
> disable this feature ?
> help please ;)
>
> Cheers,
> MFA
I don't think you need to enable java globally but mine is enabled that way.

Konq uses the full java runtime not the plugin. If you look through the
settings you should find the java runtime path. There may be a problem with
early versions of konq and the latest java runtime. Mine stopped working
after a java upgrade so I upgraded kde and it fine again now. This could also
be down to some problem with sun's java installation though as java programs
stopped working too.

I do use some auto complete but do not allow konq to save passwords. If you
leave the auto complete active it asks you what you want to do.

Sorry I can't help more. Many people use more than one browser.

Regards
John
--
Suse 10.0