Use only one Screen on DUAL Head Graphic Card

Axel Bauer axel.bauer at philips.com
Mon Feb 20 15:48:25 GMT 2006

My PC has a Dual Head Graphic Card. The X-Server is configured to use both
Displays, but not in Xinerama Mode. The Problem is that KDE starts on both
displays, but it should start on one display only. I searched for the
corresponding "switch" in the configuration, but I was unsuccessful and
want to ask you for assistance.

Background: The system acts as a test pattern generator. On the "normal"
screen, which should be served by KDE, the normal user interaction is
done. On the second screen (no KDE, pure X-Server) I set different
background images (which represents the VGA test patterns) using the
xsetbg command.
I built similar systems in the past using the FVWM2 manager instead of
KDE. (FVWM2 can be started using the option
"-d HOSTNAME:DISPLAY.SCREEN")

Axel Bauer

Philips Medical Systems GmbH
Hewlett-Packard-Str 2