Newbie: Screen Resolution

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 19 15:54:46 GMT 2006

yankeemcc wrote:

> I'm having some trouble getting beyond 1024x768 resolution on my IBM T22
> laptop running FreeBSD 6.0 and KDE 3.5.

Although KDE provides an interface to change the resolution, the actual guts
are done by X. You should therefore probably ask on one of the FreeBSD
lists, and of course, make sure you've read the Handbook (although it looks
a bit short on explanation of this particular point).

BTW, are you using the nvidia driver? I had to do some tweaking to get the
right resolution out of it on my (FreeBSD) laptop.

Regards,
Philip