konqueror button text white

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Sat Feb 18 17:03:47 GMT 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:35:05 -0500
Jeff Mixon <jeff.mixon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please cc me on any replies.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a slightly quirky problem. After messing with styles and
> themes in KDE (3.5.1), somehow all the text on buttons in konqueror
> is now white or more like grey and blend in almost entirely with the
> grey background of the button itself making it impossible to read. I
> have tried changing every window decoration, style, color scheme,
> font scheme and nothing affects this. I did find that if I manually
> applied a stylesheet in konqueror that the text did in fact turn
> black finally and was readable... but of course every site looked
> terrible using a standard style. Where can I find this setting to
> change the color of the text? All other buttons elsewhere in KDE look
> fine, this is only happening in konqueror. If I run konqueror as root
> it also is not an issue so I am pretty sure it is just some kind of
> setting somewhere I just can't find. Any info would be great.
>
> Jeff Mixon

Hello, Jeff
I am on my way out the door to work right now, so I hope this makes
sense:
"kcontrol | Appearance & Themes | Colors"

After following that path, hover your cursor over the button that has
the text "Push Button" until you see a tool tip come up that says
"Button Text"  Left click with your mouse.

Look for an area that says "Widget Color"

With a Little (shouldn't take much) bit of experementation, you should
have your button text at whatever color you want.

If you need more clarification, email the list and I will get back to
you after I get back from work tonight.

Steven P. Ulrick