kdebase comile error

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 14 09:04:48 GMT 2006

> /usr/X11R6/lib64/libXcomposite.a (Xcomposite.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
> against `XCompositeExtensionInfo' can not be used when making a shared
> object; recompile with -fPIC

This I think is the relevant bit. Googling and searching bugs.kde.org should
find you others with similar problems, and hopefully the solution.

Now, the obligatory grumpy bit: you didn't describe the problem (what you
were trying to do), what you'd already tried, any other relevant
background, or generally provide any useful information. Providing all of
this makes it a lot easier to suggest solutions, and saves having to
visually grep a huge load of obscure 'make' output to find out these
details.

If you're not sure how to provide such relevant information, see:
and, to a lesser extent:

Regards,
Philip