Yipes I lost the ability to smb:// browse

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Feb 8 21:24:01 GMT 2006

Crosspost Alert:  gmane.linux.gentoo.use gmane.comp.kde.general

Setup: Gentoo linux (kernel 2.6.15-r3)
       kde-3.5

I don't use konquerors ability to browse a network with smb protocol
to often, but it has always been there when I did want to.  Today I
tried for the first time in probably a mnth or so and I get this message:
`Protocol not supported'.

I did a big update recently and this is the first time using smb
since.  Samba is running and I can smbclient -L //host and see all the
shares but smb://host/share  just gets that message in konq.

Where should I start looking to fix this?