Hotkeys in different layouts

Andriy Rysin arysin at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 6 16:47:29 GMT 2006

Mikhail Yarmish wrote:

>Andriy Rysin wrote:
>

>>Check 'Include latin group' option.
>>But this may not work in some Mozillas - there's a bug there.
>>
>>Andriy
>>
>>Mikhail Yarmish wrote:
>>

>>>Hello everybody,
>>>  Is there any way to make english hotkeys work in the different
>>>layouts? For example, if at the moment non-english layout is on and I
>>>press some english hotkey (they are in all programs) I want it works...
>>>The version of my kde is 3.4.1.
>>>

>May be there is other way? I have a little problem with that because I
>don't use standart kde-switch. I use clean xkb with KKBSwitch for
>indication. Looks like kde just use command:
>setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us,ru -variant ,winkeys
>But when I'm tried to enter it from console - nothing happened.

by 'nothing happened' you mean 'the problem is still here'?
which applications you have problems with:
1) kde apps
2) gnome apps (like gaim)
3) mozillas (it's a bit different from other gtks apps)

Please try all of those types and tell which work and which don't after

setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us,ru -variant ,winkeys

Also please specify version of X

Andriy