Konsole-3.5.1 and loosing command-output if scrolling up

Radomir Fojtik radfoj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 23:07:17 GMT 2006

Hi,

after upgrade to KDE-3.5.1 I am experiencing problems with Konsole
(never before).

I am loosing all output in Konsole. For imagine, after typing command,
which produce long output, scrolling up and I am seeing only blank -
no letters, no text, hope you understand me.

After I played with it a bit, I found, that it happens, if during
logout I leave Konsole with some tabs open - Konsole is restored  due
to Kde-session-manager. Thats fine, but output in konsole is gone. If
I open Konsole directly clicking the icon, or open another tab, no
problems, like before.

Also Konsole is loosing output is this situation:

1) open Konsole with 2(3) tabs and click "save session profile" (or
something similar) as 3 and close it

2)  then in another console open this profile with  "konsole --profile 3",
 it produces this warnign
:
konsole: WARNING: Unable to use /usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/konsole/screen.desktop

but console is opened with 2(3) tabs as expected

3) type some command like "locate bz"

and scrolling up for result gives nothing - only blank

in console I opened the profile 3 from, there are hundrets messages like this:

QGVector::insert: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range
QGVector::insert: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range
QGVector::insert: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 0 out of range

it depend, how many lines "locate bz" produce

What should I do with it?  I like to leave Konsole with many tabs
opened on logout to be restored during next login. Konsole-3.5.1 is
unusable now for me, with such behaviour.

Thanks for any reply.