Disable Trash completely

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Wed Dec 27 16:00:01 GMT 2006

Op woensdag 27 december 2006 15:48, schreef Cathal O'Brien:
> On a similar note, is is possible to move the deleted item to the trash
> from the 'rm' command instead of removing permanently?
>
> On 27/12/06, Shawn Willden <shawn-kde at willden.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 December 2006 15:47, Bram Schoenmakers wrote:
> > > Have a look in the Behaviour section of your Konqueror settings.
> > > There's
> >
> > an
> >
> > > option to immediately delete stuff instead of sending it to the trash
> > > first.
> >
> > Also a good answer.  Tomi, it wasn't clear from your original request
> > whether
> > you were talking about kmail or konqueror.  I gave the kmail answer, Bram
> > gave the konqueror answer.
> >
> >         Shawn.

No, the rm(1) command is a system command.

Something which popped in my mind but can cause severe sideeffects is to alias
the rm command. But that's something I really wouldn't try.

I'd go for keep your head at what you're doing, certainly when invoking the rm
command. If you're unsure, use the mv(1) command.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)