Disable Trash completely

Shawn Willden shawn-kde at willden.org
Tue Dec 26 15:41:45 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 08:31, Tomi wrote:
> I would like to disable TRASH completely. So that when I press DELETE
> button it is permanetly deleted AND not moved to 'trash'.
> I know I can do SHIFT+DEL or right click and choose delete, but that is
> ackward.
>
> ps. Is this even possible? I know that in GNOME this is not possible

It's not only possible, it's easy.  All you have to do is change your shortcut
key settings so that the "delete" key means "Delete" instead of "Move to
Trash".

To do that, go to the settings menu, then click "Configure Shortcuts".  You'll
see a table with "Actions", "Shortcuts" and "Alternates".  Scroll down to
find the "Delete" action, double-click it, then press the delete key.  It
will point out that "Delete" is already assigned to "Move to Trash" and ask
if you want to reassign it.  Click "Reassign".

If you might sometimes want to move to trash, perhaps you could
assign "Shift+Delete" to that action.

	Shawn.