Amarok need Ruby??

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:17:47 GMT 2006

On 18.12.2006 12:04, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
> Is it Windows, that I should have a big pile of completely useless
> software? I prefer know, what reason is to have at my HDD some files. I
> prefer install only software, which I really need. Probably, Ruby will use
> for one-two plugins, which I'll never use - why I should have "some one"
> useless package?

If you are so upset with installing ruby, don't. You can force installing
amarok without meeting the requirements. I don't know however, why the big
fuss. There are probably quite many other packages installed on your system
for similar reasons, and you don't seem to complain about those.

Even if amarok doesn't need ruby, but only the scripts do, it is a requirement
as long as the scripts come packed within amarok's package.

--
Blade hails you...

From cradle to coffin
Shall my wickedness be your passion