How to assign icon to window?

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Wed Aug 30 00:39:07 BST 2006

Hi KDE users,

I'm wondering how to assign an icon to the titlebar
and the taskbar entry of a "console-based" application.

For example, gnuplot is a console-based application:

  bash$ gnuplot
  [. . .]
  gnuplot> plot sin(x)

Only when you issue a command to plot graphs does a graphical
window open.  This new window has the default X-Window icon
(the "X" symbol of the X-Window system) assigned.  I guess
that that means the KDE system doesn't know which icon
to assign to the gnuplot window.  How can I change this?

Regards,
Ryo